COVID-19 Vaccine And Pregnant Women
Coronavirus is a dangerous viral infection caused in the respiratory system there is no medication to cure the virus. Scientists developed vaccines to protect people from the virus.
Vaccination helps people to fight against viruses and prevent people from getting the viruses.
If a person contacts a virus, vaccination helps the person to prevent from becoming seriously ill from developing severe side effects.
All vaccines have side effects like pain, swelling, headache, fever, etc. So, vaccination should be taken before a holiday or before the weekend so that there won’t be too much work, and the vaccinated person can take a rest. Every individual can take the COVID-19 vaccine and pregnancy has no recorded evidence of issues with being vaccinated.
Vaccination is important to all persons in the world. Pregnant women also need vaccination to protect themselves and also her baby inside.
Pregnant women should be very careful compared to others; pregnant women will have severe symptoms compared to non-pregnant people.
Severe symptoms require hospitalization, ventilator to breathing problems, or serious illness.
Can Pregnant Women Take COVID-19 Vaccine?
Yes, everyone can take the COVID-19 vaccine and pregnancy has nothing to think about being vaccinated. If you are pregnant, you need to talk with health care providers, they help you take the vaccine that has been authorized for use. Health care providers will tell you how a vaccine works and how it protects our bodies.
Health care providers will brief you on the advantages and disadvantages of each vaccine so that you can decide which vaccine is suitable for you and which one to take.
At present vaccination is recommended to persons who are above 18 years of age.
Once the vaccine is taken, we need to observe for at least 15 minutes, if any side effects or any allergy is present a second dose is not recommended.
Can Breastfeeding Women Take The COVID-19 Vaccine?
Clinical trials result says that women who are breastfeeding can take the COVID-19 vaccine. Breastfeeding women can receive the COVID-19 vaccine, they develop antibodies in their body and also in breast milk, which helps their babies in getting immunity.
Precautions To Be Taken
Precautions to be taken by pregnant women are;
- Regular Exercise: Regular exercises like breathing exercises will keep pregnant women fit after taking the vaccine.
- Proper diet keeps pregnant women healthy even after being vaccinated. They should eat more fruits, protein-rich foods to improve immunity.
- Proper sleeping is important for pregnant women, sleeping reduces stress, keeps them healthy, and fights infection.
- Pregnant women and normal people should wear masks when they go out of the house.
- Pregnant women and normal people should clean their hands properly with sanitizer and soap to protect them.
- Pregnant women and normal people should always keep 6 feet distance when you are in a crowd. Avoid going out, be at home and be safe.
- Pregnant women should be more careful rather than a normal person as they are carrying another person in the womb. They should protect themselves and also protect the baby in the womb.
Side Effects Of The Vaccine
Side effects of COVID-19 vaccine and pregnancy after receiving the vaccine are;
- Compared to normal people, pregnant women have many side effects after receiving the vaccine.
- Pregnant women who are at high risk of medical conditions have a greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
- As a normal person, some pregnant women also suffer from fever after being vaccinated.
- As normal people, some pregnant women also have muscle pain after being vaccinated.
- As normal people, some pregnant women also have diarrhea after being vaccinated.
- As a normal person, some pregnant women have headaches after being vaccinated.
- As a normal person, some pregnant women have pain at the injection site after being vaccinated.
- As a normal person, some pregnant women have fatigue after taking the vaccine.
- Some side effects are short-term, they will stay in the body for only 2 days for normal people and also pregnant women after being vaccinated.
- Some side effects are long-term, they will be in the body for weeks for normal people and also for pregnant women.
- Any individual who is having diabetes will have severe side effects compared to others.
All the side effects will vary from person to person, but pregnant women should be very careful. If they have all the above side effects, medication should be taken under doctors’ advice. Pregnant people should not ignore prolonged side effects, if they feel inconvenient, they should call their doctor and take medicines as per their advice.
Can People Who Would Like To Have A Baby Be Vaccinated?
COVID-19 vaccine and pregnancy have nothing to be treated differently unlike the normal individuals. Couples who are trying for a baby can also be vaccinated, till now there is no evidence that the COVID-19 vaccine causes fertility problems. COVID-19 helps you to get immunity to fight against the virus. After receiving the vaccine couples need not avoid pregnancy, they will also become pregnant without any side effects.
Sudheendra is a passionate blogger for 8 years and holds a Degree in Journalism & Mass Communications. His writings particularly focus on health, medicine, diet & lifestyle. For him, everything that interlinks and relates to health & medical world entices him. His write-ups aim at educating people not by just giving facts but by infusing human touch.