Breast cancer is the most common kind of cancer with which women suffer all over the globe. However, when diagnosed and treated at the right time, breast cancer is completely curable. Innumerable women have undergone treatment for breast cancer and are leading absolutely normal lives. Breast cancer awareness programs are being propagated everywhere so that women are conscious of the disease and take proper precautions and steps. Getting the right kinds of tests done at regular intervals is also important so that the problem can be diagnosed right in the beginning for a complete cure. You can ask an oncologist online about breast cancer and other issues related to the same.
Questions To Ask An Oncologist About Breast Cancer
If you think you have breast cancer, it us always good to ask an oncologist regarding the same so that there are no confusions and proper treatment is obtained at the right time. Mentioned below are 12 questions you can ask an oncologist online. In fact, the questions are from various phases of the disease.
When Breast Cancer Is Diagnosed
1. What are the different kinds of breast cancers and their danger levels?
2. What is the stage of cancer? What is hormone receptor status and what does it mean and indicate?
3. What are the chances that cancer will spread to lymph nodes and to other organs in the body?
While Taking Decision On The Treatment Plan
Once breast cancer is diagnosed one must seek consultation from the best doctor for cancer and start treatment immediately so that the problem does not aggravate. If visiting a doctor physically is not possible, you can ask an oncologist online.
4. What are the different treatment choices available for breast cancer?
5. Is it good to take part in some kind of clinical trial for breast cancer?
6. What will be the length of the treatment and how will be the whole process like? Moreover, where will be the treatment done?
7. Are there any kinds of side effects of the treatment for breast cancer? Suggest ways for preparing for the treatment of breast cancer.
8. Are there chances of cancer making a comeback even after the whole treatment process?
In Case Surgery Is Recommended For Treating Breast Cancer
Many women need surgery as a part of breast cancer treatment as their situation demands so. Ask an oncologist online and be sure if you really need the surgery at all. If you are not very sure, you can always seek online medical second opinion to understand if you are getting the right treatment or
9. Can lumpectomy can be an option or is mastectomy the only option?
10. How long one needs to be in the hospital after the breast cancer surgery and what are the precautions that need to be followed post surgery?
11. Is getting breast reconstruction surgery mandatory after the surgery? What if one does not get this treatment done?
12. What kind of lifestyle changes one needs to make after the surgery and during the whole treatment plan for it to be successful and how quickly is it possible to return to normal life
After the Treatment Plan Gets Over?
In case there are any kinds of doubts and questions in your mind regarding breast cancer, do not hesitate and ask a doctor online immediately. The best thing to do is to seek consultation and ask an oncologist online.
Getting Second Opinion on Breast Cancer is Recommended
As mentioned above, breast cancer is one of the most common kinds of cancer from which women suffer. However, in many cases, it has been seen that the problem has not been diagnosed properly and led to complications later. Even if you ask an oncologist online and start a treatment, it is always good if you go for a second opinion just to be sure that the treatment you are getting is the right one.
For many patients, there is confusion whether surgery is needed or not as part of the treatment plan. In such cases second and sometimes third opinions can be really useful for clearing the doubt from the mind. Ask the vital questions about breast cancer even when you seek online medical second opinion and get proper answers before starting to get ready mentally for the surgery for breast cancer treatment.
[cl-review quote=”Medically Reviewed By” author=”Dr. Kaushal M. Bhavsar (MBBS, MD)” occupation=”Assistant Professor in Pulmonary Medicine, GMERS Medical College, Ahmedabad” avatar_image=”1325″ source=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Fdr-kaushal-bhavsar-a8137355%2F|target:_blank”]