Private, Secure and 100% Trusted
Get Medical Second Opinion Now
Get the most informed medical second opinion for yourself or that of a loved one from top doctors who are leaders in their field. We have solved complex medical cases of patients from around the world. Our physicians are world-class experts.
Dr Anders Mark Christensen
Dr B Soma Raju
Dr H P C Khincha
Orthopedician and Traumatologist
Dr P Vijayanand Reddy
Dr Surendra Ugale
Dr Thomas Cherian
Liver Transplant & Hepatobiliary Surgeon
Online Medical Second Opinion at BestDoctor.com
Put your mind at rest with an Online Medical Second Opinion from a board certified specialist at BestDoctor. Making the most important health decisions about yourself or a family member can be a daunting task. BestDoctor connects you to the expertise of world class specialists all by the click of a mouse without the time and expense of travel. Online Medical Second opinion can be sought on chronic health conditions that impact your quality of life or conditions that may be more serious or life-threatening.
BestDoctor unlocks the expertise and experience of the medical experts across the globe, to review your case and either confirm your diagnosis or recommend changes. We have several 'Disease Based Panels' that include cardiology panel, tumour panel, diabetes panel, infertility panel, nephro-uro panel, orthopaedic panel, ophthalmic panel and lifestyle panel where a group of experts from related specialities will evaluate your case and provide a detailed second opinion report.
Our team of senior physicians will personally guide you and make sure you get the right diagnosis and treatment. We recommend consulting them:
- To make sure your medical diagnosis is correct
- To confirm your course of treatment is the right one
- Prior to a major surgery to find out if there are less invasive options
- Prior to non-emergency surgery
Medical Second Opinion - Research based studies
Two recent studies have shown that seeking a second medical opinion may result in changing the course of treatment; or getting a different diagnosis. In a University of Michigan study of breast cancer patients, more than 50% of them changed their treatment plan after getting a second opinion on their diagnosis from a “tumour board” of oncologists, surgeons and radiation therapists. In a Johns Hopkins University study of around 6,000 cancer patients, researchers found that one to two percent patients who sought a second opinion after a tumour biopsy had received a misdiagnosis.
Medical Second Opinion Online - How it Works?
- Register with BestDoctor.com and provide detailed medical case information like gender, age, current diagnosis, symptoms, allergies if any, past and current medications, and treatment options.
- Upload medical lab reports, first physician reports, x-rays, MRI, pictures if necessary, that are related to your medical condition.
- Use our 'Pay Now' option to securely make the payment via card, net banking, wallet or UPI.
- Your medical case information is organised and securely sent to the right specialist for evaluation.
- Our expert physician will provide comprehensive, personalised second opinion report, taking care to answer your individual questions.
- The second opinion report will include an evaluation of your medical condition and potential treatment recommendations.
Online Medical Second Opinion questions that offer a good place to start
- Is my current diagnosis correct?
- What are my treatment options, and the pros and cons of each?
- Are there any alternative treatment options?
- Is my surgery avoidable?
- Are there any less invasive options for surgery?
- What is my MRI/CT Scan showing?
- What are the likely results if I wait or don’t have the treatment?
- Are there any additional tests you think I should have?
Benefits of getting an Online Medical Second Opinion
Access to world renowned specialists: It is usually difficult to contact world-renowned specialists and often their expertise is in high demand and It may take months before a patient gets an appointment. At BestDoctor, we understand that it is the patient's right to seek a medical second opinion from top doctors. The online second opinion offers a direct contact to physicians and specialists without appointments and within a few days. Also, those who live in remote locations or rural areas can receive expert second opinions in spite of distance or mobility.
Convenient and Cost Effective: Patients seeking an online medical second opinion no longer need to travel long distances or otherwise disrupt their lives to gain access to world class expert medical advice.
Fast Expert Second Opinion: Online second opinions are the best way to get a fast expert second opinion and make an informed decision about your health or that of a loved one. They potentially reduce life-threatening delays in obtaining expert second opinion in emergency cases thus saving lives.
View allOverall Rating 4.9/5.0 Out of 48 Users