Private, Secure and 100% Trusted
Ask a Nephrologist Online for Expert Advice
Ask a Nephrologist online and get nephrology second opinion for various kidney diseases and procedures, some of which are Acute Kidney Injuries, Glomerular Diseases, Chronic Kidney Diseases, End Stage Kidney Diseases, Kidney Stones, Kidney Transplant (Cadaveric Renal Transplantation, Cadaver Donor Kidney Transplantation, Living Donor Kidney Transplants from both related and unrelated donors, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy, Diabetic Nephropathy, Hypertensive Kidney Diseases, Chronic Pyelonephritis, Proteinuria (protein in the urine) and Hematuria (blood in the urine), Renal Stone Diseases, Acute & Chronic Renal Failure.
Dr Srikanth Gundlapalli
Dr P Vikranth Reddy
Kidneys are one of the most important organs in the human body and contain millions of nephrons, which help in filtering blood and removing toxins, wastes and extra water, which are excreted from the body in the form of urine. In kidney disease, the nephrons are mainly affected. Kidney diseases are of two kinds – chronic kidney disease and acute kidney ailment. Majority of people suffer from chronic kidney ailments. Factors that contribute to the problem include high blood pressure, high blood sugar, hereditary reasons etc. Acute kidney problems can take place all of a sudden from accidents and injuries. Kidney infections, stones, cysts and kidney cancer are some acute conditions which need immediate medical attention. You must ask a nephrologist as what should be done in kidney ailments so that you can recover from the problem at the earliest.
Ask a Kidney Specialist for a Nephrology Second Opinion Online
You might be seeing a nephrologist already and getting treatment for your kidney problems. But you can always go for an online medical second opinion from a kidney expert just to ensure that your problem has been diagnosed properly and the treatment provided is correct. Second opinions are highly recommended when you are planning for treatment of kidney cancer or when you have been asked for a kidney transplant. When suggestions and recommendations of both doctors tally, you can be at complete peace of mind that you are in right hands and getting suitable treatments.
When to Consult our Expert Nephrologists for a Nephrology Second Opinion?
- Prior to kidney transplant or a major procedure
- After a kidney transplant if you are experiencing any new symptoms
- To confirm whether your medical diagnosis is right
- To confirm that your medication regime is the best course of treatment
- To find out if there are any side effects which can damage your body
- To know if the surgery is unavoidable or can the condition be treated through other medications
Ask a Nephrologist Questions Online
There are many internationally renowned nephrologists who offer consultation online to patients globally from our portal. You can easily ask a nephrologist questions online by seeking prior appointment and paying the doctor’s fee online. You can also send your reports and prescriptions along with telling your problems to the nephrologist for complete medical treatment. Innumerable patients have benefited from our online consultations as you can get medical recommendations from world’s top nephrologists from any part of the world here.
Benefits of Asking a Kidney Specialist Online
More and more numbers of people are seeking nephrologists online as they can get prompt replies to their queries. Moreover, it is also possible to get consultation from world famous doctors at minimal rates here and even talk face to face with them via video calling facility. And all this takes place from the comforts of your own home and country. In case the doctor is not online, you can post your query and problem and get answer to the same when the doctor comes online. You can avail our online service 24x7.
Questions to Ask Nephrologist about Kidney Disease
It is quite sad to know that symptoms of kidney diseases do not start appearing right in the beginning. Only after the disease progresses to higher levels, symptoms start appearing. You can always seek second opinion kidney disease to be sure of the treatment that is being given.
- What is kidney disease and what are its types?
- Who are more at risks with kidney disease?
- What are some preventive steps for kidney disease?
- What kinds of food and lifestyle changes should I make to have healthy kidneys?
- How do I understand that I have kidney problems?
- How are kidney diseases diagnosed?
Questions to Ask Nephrologist about Dialysis
If your nephrologist suggests dialysis, it means that the kidneys have been damaged to a great extent and they cannot carry out the waste and toxin filtration work. Patients with chronic kidney problems generally need dialysis after a certain period.
- Do all kinds of kidney diseases need dialysis?
- If I have kidney problems, what is the earliest time that I will need dialysis?
- What is the frequency of dialysis needed?
- Will other medical conditions affect dialysis procedure?
- What are the different kinds of dialysis given to patients?
- Can I resume normal life after dialysis?
Questions to Ask Nephrologist about Kidney Cancer
In kidney cancer, the cells in the kidney become malignant and form a tumor. Renal cancer if detected early can be treated and the patient can survive for long with proper medications and treatment. If your doctor suspects that you have kidney cancer, you can always go for kidney cancer second opinion and match the results of both the doctors.
- What are the different kinds of kidney cancers?
- Does kidney cancer spread to other parts of the body?
- Who are at high risks of getting kidney cancer?
- What are the symptoms of kidney cancer?
- What are the ways in which kidney cancer can be diagnosed?
- What are common ways of kidney cancer treatment?
Questions to Ask Nephrologist about Kidney Biopsy
Once been diagnosed with kidney cancer, there is no other way than getting the tumor operated at the earliest and sending it for biopsy. If the biopsy report comes negative, you are lucky and blessed. But in most cases, the report turns to be positive and further treatments need to be given to the patient to cure the cancer completely. Many people also go for kidney biopsy second opinion just to ensure that the diagnosis and treatment is going in the right direction.
- What is kidney biopsy?
- How is kidney biopsy cells analyzed?
- What are the needed preparations for kidney biopsy?
- How long does it take for results to come for kidney biopsy?
Questions to ask Nephrologist about Kidney Transplant
For patients whose kidneys have become completely non-functional and for whom dialysis also does not work, kidney transplantation is the only way left. In this process, a donor kidney is arranged and replaced with that of the patient. You can always take second opinion for kidney transplant and then take a final decision.
- What is the need of kidney transplant?
- What tests need to be done before kidney transplant?
- Are there chances of reactions and side effects after kidney transplant?
- What are the risks and complications of kidney transplant?
- What is the time course of the whole treatment?
- How frequently checkups need to be done after kidney transplant?
- What to do is problems arise after kidney transplant?
If you are diagnosed with any of the kidney disorders ask a nephrologist online for a second opinion at the earliest for best results.
View allOverall Rating 5.0/5.0 Out of 21 Users