Private, Secure and 100% Trusted
Ask an Orthopedist
We provide orthopedic second opinion for conditions involving the treatment of bones and muscles. Some of them are Back Pain, Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Broken Bones, Cavus Foot, Clubfoot, Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH), Dwarfism and Bone Dysplasias, Flatfoot, Fractures, Hip Infections, Kyphosis, Ligament Strains, Overuse Injuries, Cartilage Tears, Scoliosis, Torn Ligament, Spinal Tumors, Spondylolysis, Spondylolisthesis and Sports Injuries.
Dr Praveen Mereddy
Dr Veda Prakash Gowda
Dr B N Prasad
Dr Shashi Kanth Godey
Orthopedics are consulted in case of bone and muscle issues. Best Doctor offers a great platform for patients who want to ask an orthopedist about problems related to bones and muscles. We have some of the best orthopedic surgeons and general orthopedics in our panel and they can provide guidance and second opinion to patients as per needs.
Ask an Orthopedic Doctor Online for Orthopedic Second Opinion
Many patients are not sure if they are getting the right treatment for their orthopedic problems or not. This is where second opinion comes into picture. It is possible to get orthopedic second opinion online at Best Doctor as there are many eminent orthopedic specialists in the panel. Email all the documents, reports and prescriptions to the specialists and they will provide their valuable opinion. With the online medical second opinion, patients can be sure that the treatment they are undertaking is correct.
When to Consult our Expert Orthopedicians for an Orthopedic Second opinion?
- To confirm whether your diagnosis is right
- To know what are the alternative procedures and treatment options
- To confirm that your medication regime is the best course of treatment
- To find out if there are any side effects of the treatment that you are taking
- To find out if you are doing the right exercise for your joint pains
- To find out the pros and cons before and after the surgery
Ask an Orthopedic Surgeon Questions Online
There are patients who need surgery for overcoming their orthopedic problems. In this case, an orthopedic surgeon can be of best help. Ask an orthopedist surgeon about your problem and its details. Ask him whether surgery is the only remedy to the problem or if it can be cured with medication and exercises. Ask the surgeon questions online by mailing him at Best Doctor platform. The surgeon answers all the questions online.
Benefits of Asking an Orthopedist Online
There are many advantages of asking an orthopedist questions online. Some of them are:
- One does not need to travel to the doctor’s chamber
- There is no waiting time at the doctor’s chamber
- There is no fixed time of reaching the chamber
- It is easy on the pocket as only the consultation fee is charged in this
- Availability of some or other orthopedic at any time
Questions to Ask an Orthopedic surgeon before Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is one of the most common surgeries carried out people, particularly aged people. When problems like arthritis, joint problems get acute and severe, the bones in the knees fail to work causing pain and inability to walk and move. Knee replacement surgery can help in getting rid from this situation.
Here are few questions to ask an orthopedist regarding the surgery:
- What is minimally invasive knee replacement surgery?
- Are there chances of any complications after the surgery?
- What is the importance of physiotherapy after the surgery?
- How much time is needed to recover after the surgery?
- Do both the knees need to be replaced for the surgery to be more effective?
Questions to Ask an Orthopedic surgeon before Hip Replacement Surgery
Generally hip replacement surgery is recommended when the hip bone gets damaged in an accident etc. It is recommended to ask an orthopedic surgeon online regarding hip surgery in details and prepare for the same accordingly.
- What kinds of preparations are needed for the hip replacement surgery?
- How many days will the total treatment take including the numbers of days needed to spend at the hospital?
- At home will a hospital bed be needed?
- I have other medical issues; will these affect the hip replacement surgery?
- What can I do to make the hip replacement surgery more successful?
Questions to Ask an Orthopedic surgeon after Hip Replacement Surgery
There are things that the patient might need to know after the hip replacement surgery. You can ask an orthopedist the following questions post surgery:
- What are things that I am restricted to do?
- How quickly can I start walking with a walker or a crutch?
- What precautions should I take at home?
- How important is physiotherapy after the surgery?
- In what ways can I take care of the wounds of the surgery?
Questions to Ask an Orthopedic Surgeon before Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
Arthroscopic shoulder surgery is an outpatient procedure. There is no need to get admitted in the hospital for the surgery. Ask an orthopedist in detail about the surgery, its procedure and its after care methods:
- What are the different types of arthroscopic surgeries recommended for shoulder?
- What will be the time taken for the surgery to get completed?
- Will there be immense pain and discomfort post surgery?
- What is the length of the rehabilitation process after surgery?
- How quickly can I get back to work?
Overall Rating 4.8/5.0 Out of 8 Users